At a time when employers are hiring for “fit” and training for skill, the ability to interview successfully is more important than ever. Whether you’re actively looking for a job, currently in between jobs, or attempting to re-enter the workforce, it’s always a good idea to hone your interview skills.
2020 has been the year of many challenges, but getting interview-ready doesn’t have to be one of those challenges. Continue reading to learn more about our Essential Skills For Interviewing Workshop that runs on the 4th Thursday of the month from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm at ARIZONA@WORK-Yavapai County. These workshops are funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
What Happens During an Interview Workshop?
Discussion of interview types
- The most common interview approach is one-on-one with the hiring manager, but don’t be caught off-guard by new interview styles such as panels and group discussions. We’ll also prepare you for telephone, teleconference, and interviews conducted over meals.
How to dress for an interview
- Making a positive first impression is vital to a successful interview. We’ll teach you phone and email etiquette; verbal/non-verbal communication skills; and we’ll also include tips on how to dress appropriately.
How to prepare for the interview
- Knowing how to answer the interview questions is just part of the prep work! We’ll also cover how to research the company ahead of time, as well as when to show up and what to bring to the interview.
The question that you may be asked, and questions you should ask
- Be prepared for any question they may throw your way, as well as what kind of questions you should ask them yourself. Our workshop will also share with you what questions are considered inappropriate to ask during the interview.
What to do after the interview
- We’ll walk you through everything you should do after the interview, including how to follow up with a phone call, email, or thank-you note. And if you’re offered the job, we’ll discuss how to accept a job offer—and how to negotiate.
Increase your chances of getting a job by attending an interview workshop from YAVAPAI@WORK! Increase communication skills, reduce stress and anxiety and feel prepared for the entire interview process from beginning to end.
Call (928) 778-1422 to reserve your seat, or talk to our receptionist to sign up for the next workshop. These classes are subject to change. For more information on the other workshops and services we offer, please visit our website.